mina-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UDP bind problem
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 13:32:47 GMT
On May 7, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Fedechicco wrote:
> Client <localIP:localport>  ----->   Server <serverIP:serverPort_1>
> Server <serverIP:serverPort_2>  ------>   Client <localIP:localport>
> Client <localIP:localport>    ----------->   Server
> <serverIP:serverPort_2>
> etc etc...

> I'm stuck, i'll really appreciate any help. I'm using MINA 1.0.2
> with java5,
> i'm ok with upgrading or downgrading to any other version if this
> can help.

alas, you can't easily do this with MINA right now, not without
tweaking the UDP Acceptor.

Since UDP is stateless, we might be able to offer a method on the
DatagramAcceptor that lets you do the Server -> Client communication
on serverPort_2. This would be a great addition to the UDP support if
you want to put it together. We'll certainly help ya :)

-pete