mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Dawie Malan" <dawie.ma...@mxit.com>
Subject RE: Interesting blog entry about synchronized vs ReentrantLock
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 07:57:11 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Trustin Lee [mailto:trustin@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:46 AM
To: dev@mina.apache.org
Subject: Interesting blog entry about synchronized vs ReentrantLock

Hi,

I found an interesting blog entry:

http://blogs.sun.com/dave/entry/java_util_concurrent_reentrantlock_vs

It seems like Sun engineers have done a lot of optimization on
'synchronized' keyword.  I just have been thinking that ReentrantLock
performs better than synchronized like this article points out:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-jtp10264/

So, should we stick to synchronized as long as we don't need advanced
features of ReentrantLock for MINA?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--