mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 23:29:28 GMT
mat a écrit :

> Can you explain more why Mina needs Spring?

Mina does not need spring at all. But you can use Spring with Mina if
you want. As trustin said, Spring is just a IoC container
(http://www.springframework.org/)

> Mina itself is a framework,
> isn't it?

It is.

We use it in Apache Directory Server, which itself use Spring to manage
the server configuration, but we can perfectly well get rid of Sping if
needed.

Spring and Mina are two frameworks, one targetting IOC, and the other
one dedicated to network handling.

Emmanuel