mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Maarten Bosteels" <mbosteels....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tutorial on protocol codec
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 06:54:43 GMT
Hi Trustin,

> Hi Maarten,
>
> On 5/28/07, Maarten Bosteels <mbosteels.dns@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I created a tutorial on creating a custom ProtocolCodecFilter.
> > Please have a look at it and let me know what you think:
> >

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MINA/Tutorial+on+ProtocolCodecFilter
>
> What a great piece of work!  Thank you for your contribution!  It
> explains why protocol codec is needed and how it works very clearly.

Thanks !

I don't see any changes needed in the content, but I'd like to point
> out a few cosmetic issues:
>
> * Prefer wiki markup to rich text editor, which generates many &nbsp;s.

I started out with rich text editor but quickly switched to wiki markup,
it's definitely easier.

* Use {{...}} expression when referencing a class name (e.g.
> {{ProtocolCodecFilter}}).

Will remember that for the next tutorial :-)

* Use our standard coding style.

I thought I did, but apparently I should have read the coding style
document.
I spent some time putting all those opening curly braces on a new line,
because I thought that's how mina code was written :-)

Maarten

I made a change in the latest revision of the tutorial.