mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Fisk" <adamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stun server based on mina
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 18:10:30 GMT
Hi Rob-  Thanks for the advice.  I do have a commercial interest in my
code.  I'll be releasing a whole bunch of java libraries over the next few
months for my p2p startup's first application, "LittleShoot".  There'll be a
STUN client+server, SIP client+server, TURN client+server, multi-source
downloader (very fast one), reliable UDP layer, ICE implementation for TCP
and UDP NAT traversal, etc, etc all as very modular separate libraries.  I'm
funding everything myself, so I need to make money on it eventually.

I'm considering licensing different pieces under different licenses, some
BSD and some GPL, depending on whether I see participation or protection as
more important for that module.

This is off topic, but out of curiosity how many people reading this would
contribute and/or use something under a BSD license where they would not
with something under the GPL?

I'm happy to take this discussion elsewhere if it's bothersome to anyone.  A
lot of the modules will be using MINA, though (SIP, STUN, TURN), so it's
remotely relevant.

-Adam