mina-dev mailing list archives

From Messi Chan <chencao0...@gmail.com>
Subject How could I set thread pool for IoServices and ExecutorFilters?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 07:24:56 GMT

Hi, all
I have read this article
http://mina.apache.org/configuring-thread-model.html
http://mina.apache.org/configuring-thread-model.html . At the end of the
article, author suggest us not share one thread pool for IoServices and
ExecutorFilters, and better to use a cached thread pool for IoServices.

Is that means if I add only one thread pool to IoFilterChain, then the  I/O
processor would acquire a thread from the shared pool? So, adding two thread
pools would be OK? like below.

SocketAcceptorConfig config = (SocketAcceptorConfig)
acceptor.getDefaultConfig();
config.setThreadModel(ThreadModel.MANUAL);
ExecutorService executor1 = Executors.newCachedThreadPool();
config.getFilterChain().addLast("pool1", new ExecutorFilter(executor1));
ExecutorService executor2 = Executors.newCachedThreadPool();
config.getFilterChain().addLast("pool2", new ExecutorFilter(executor2));

Am I right? if wrong, how?

thx a lot!