mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Ofer Kalisky" <Ofer.Kali...@onsettechnology.com>
Subject Performance issue using MINA 1.1.0
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:39:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm using a test client to connect with many sockets to a MINA-1.1.0
based server.

Short explanation of what I do:
I extend the CumulativeProtocolDecoder class, and in the end of the
"doDecode" method I use: out.write(...)
I also extend the IoHandler class, and there I implement the
"messageReceived" method, and print a log (for the sake of the
argument).

The problem is after running 30 seconds, the "doDecode" methods run more
often than the "messageReceived" methods, which means messages aren't
handled as fast as they are parsed.

Is this a known issue? Do the worker threads of the IoHandler get a
lower priority than the ProtocolDecoder ones?

Thanks, Ofer.