mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why only one ProtocolCodecFilter per chain
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 01:24:53 GMT
On 6/8/07, peter royal <proyal@apache.org> wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2007, at 8:37 AM, Chris Audley wrote:
> > Why does MINA limit one ProtocolCodecFilter in an IoFilterChain?
>
> you can only go from ByteBuffer -> non-ByteBuffer once :)

A decoder could output ByteBuffer again and let it decoded later in
the next ProtocolCodecFilter.  For now, all our filter implementations
doesn't work correctly when they are added more than once to one
filter chain.

We discussed about this issue one day, and decided to generate a
dynamic session attribute key which includes the filter's hash code.

So... you will be able to add more than one protocol codec filter in
2.0.  You can't for now with 1.x unfortunately.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--