mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding support for EnumSet to ByteBuffer
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 02:21:29 GMT
On 6/10/07, peter royal <proyal@apache.org> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2007, at 11:03 PM, Mike Heath wrote:
> > If this functionality is desired, I'll add some Java Docs to the above
> > methods and commit my code and accompanying unit tests.
>
> very nice! looks to be a very useful addition!

Indeed. I'd like to see this to be included to the trunk.

Additionally, the following features might make ByteBuffer more useful:

* Provide getEnum and putEnum too.  (just reading and writing the
ordinal value itself)
* Throw an IllegalArgumentException if there are too many enum
members.  For example, when a user calls putEnumSet with an enum class
which has 10 (>8) members, we need to throw an exception to tell the
user that a wrong value can be written.

Mike, you are a MINA committer so you can check things directly in.  A
simple unit test code is appreciated.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/