mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Smeltzer" <kasme...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Re: Building MinaTimeServerTutorial
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:34:43 GMT
It could be that I am back in the stone age of computer hardware, but
I've found that both of these IDE's leave a lot to be desired in the
performance category. NetBean takes about 10 minutes to load on my
computer. I don't like that :-D

I suppose I could spend those 10 minutes doing something useful like
contemplating my role in the universe...

On 7/25/07, Mark Webb <elihusmails@gmail.com> wrote:
> If Eclipse wasn't free we could make a commission :)
>
> I have never done a comparison between JCreator and Eclipse.  Just looking
> at the feature set for JCreator on their web page, there is nothing that
> Eclipse does not do.  The one advantage I see is that Eclipse is free,
> JCreator is not.  The only problem I have with Eclipse is that it does not
> support subversion out of the box.  This is not a big deal though since you
> can install the subclipse plugin for Eclipse here (
> http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html).
>
> In the spirit of fairness and competitiveness, NetBeans is another very
> nice, robust IDE.
>

> On 7/25/07, Kevin Smeltzer <kasmeltz@lakeheadu.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Ok I didn't tell the whole truth. I got it working at some point. And
> > then I didn't use it. I suppose I was comfortable with JCreator
> > because it was easy and I knew it.
> >
> > Tell me, what can Eclipse do for me?
> >
> > See now you are a salesman! You should be making a commission.
> >

> > On 7/25/07, Jeroen Brattinga <jeroen.brattinga@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > A 700MB zip file for Eclipse? I think you have the wrong installation.
> > > If you look at http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ you'll see that Eclipse
> > > Europa for Java is only a 78MB download.
> > >
> > > My advice: try it again ... you won't regret it! (one tip: use the
> > > latest JDK (preferably 1.6, but 1.5.8+ will do)
> > >

> > > Jeroen Brattinga

> > will

It

 If