mina-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Chalmers <chr...@ecis.co.za>
Subject Re: Blocking using Mina
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:38:46 GMT
Hi all

Checking this again, it seems that an OOM is being thrown after all. The
IoFilter throttling doesn't seem to kick in until too late, unfortunately.

Looking at the SocketIoProcessor class, if I apply the throttle before
the read call, this achieves the desired effect for me: (ie: limits
memory usage significantly):

    private void process( Set<SelectionKey> selectedKeys )
    {
              if (!throttle(session)) {
                read( session );
              }
    }

Unfortunately this solution is not clean as I am forced to modify the
Mina source code and not use the API.
Any better ideas anyone?