mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin Koeck" <c...@arctosllc.com>
Subject 40 ms intermittent latency - large volume, small messages
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:25:49 GMT
Hi, I've been experiencing intermittent latency with mina, generally causing 37-40 millisecond
delays.

This occurs when I said large amounts of small messages (usually in 5 - 20 count bursts, each
message no more than 500 bytes) across a 100Mbit ethernet network.  I'm using Linux running
on dual-core 2.2 GHz AMD Opteron machines.

I've found users having similiar problems with other software (39 ms delays), in this case
ActiveMQ
http://www.nabble.com/High-latency-for-small-messages-problem-t3159901.html, which leads me
to believe this is not directly related to mina.

I have mina setup with SimpleByteBuffer allocating non-direct memory.  I'm pretty sure this
isn't a  direct problem with mina, but I'm curious if anyone has experienced this problem
with mina, and if there is anyway to resolve this issue.  I would appreciate any help, thanks!

- Colin Koeck
<mailto:clk1@arctosllc.com>