mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Cadien" <gcad...@gmail.com>
Subject A Couple of Newbie Questions
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:03:08 GMT
First let me say that I've ported some parts of my application to Mina so I
could perform some tests and I'm quite impressed with the performance!  Now
I could use some design guidance.  In my IoHandler I need to perform a
possibly long task (taking seconds to run).  My assumption is that I'd want
to run this task in a separate thread to avoid blocking the IoProcessor
thread.  So my question is, how should I run this task?  Can I simply
callback to the IoHandler and write the response from the callback handler?
I would appreciate whatever insight anyone might have.

Thanks,

-geoff