mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Cadien" <ge...@thecadiens.org>
Subject Re: A Couple of Newbie Questions
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:22:25 GMT
On 7/12/07, mat <forum.maillist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please read the tutorial first and it is pretty good.
> http://mina.apache.org/documentation.html#Documentation-Tutorials

I have read the tutorials. :-)  Maybe I should have been a little more
clear.  The only thing I found that seemed close was the ExecutorFilter, and
I'm still not sure it is the solution I'm after.  I currently have a reverse
caching http proxy.  In the current design, when a request is received the
i/o handler calls the cache layer to retrieve the object.  All interaction
with the cache is asynchronous.  The cache layer may or may have the
object.  If it has the object it returns it immediately.  If it doesn't, it
will itself make an http request to an origin server for the object.  The
cache layer maintains it's own pool of threads to handle connections to
origin servers.  If the object is being pulled from an origin the cache
layer makes multiple call backs as it reads chunks so that it can start
writing the response to the client.  Now,  I am willing to rework my design
if there is a better way to do all of this within the Mina framework, I was
simply looking for some pointers in the right direction because IMHO the
documentation isn't that great.

Thanks,

-geoff