mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Webb" <elihusma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building MinaTimeServerTutorial
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:23:38 GMT
If Eclipse wasn't free we could make a commission :)

I have never done a comparison between JCreator and Eclipse.  Just looking
at the feature set for JCreator on their web page, there is nothing that
Eclipse does not do.  The one advantage I see is that Eclipse is free,
JCreator is not.  The only problem I have with Eclipse is that it does not
support subversion out of the box.  This is not a big deal though since you
can install the subclipse plugin for Eclipse here (
http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html).

In the spirit of fairness and competitiveness, NetBeans is another very
nice, robust IDE.

On 7/25/07, Kevin Smeltzer <kasmeltz@lakeheadu.ca> wrote:

> Ok I didn't tell the whole truth. I got it working at some point. And
> then I didn't use it. I suppose I was comfortable with JCreator
> because it was easy and I knew it.
>
> Tell me, what can Eclipse do for me?
>
> See now you are a salesman! You should be making a commission.
>

> On 7/25/07, Jeroen Brattinga <jeroen.brattinga@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A 700MB zip file for Eclipse? I think you have the wrong installation.
> > If you look at http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ you'll see that Eclipse
> > Europa for Java is only a 78MB download.
> >
> > My advice: try it again ... you won't regret it! (one tip: use the
> > latest JDK (preferably 1.6, but 1.5.8+ will do)
> >

> > Jeroen Brattinga
> >

> > Kevin Smeltzer wrote:
> > > I am using JCreator so try not to laugh! :-D
> > >
> > > I have tried to use Eclipse but it just crashes when I try and unzip
> > > the 700MB zip file. Not a very good installation strategy if you ask
> > > me!
> > >
> > > Mina seems to be working well though so thank you. It only took me a
> > > few hours to convert my own client/server multiple thread server
> > > protocol over to Mina. And of course the bonus is that Mina is a lot
> > > more extensively tested than my own custom code.
> > >
> > > Don't be shy in giving me hints, I'll take all the hints I can get!
> > >
> > > Kevin

> will

 If

If