mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz" <leandro.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Advice for newbie
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:46:40 GMT
Hi all.

I started my first project using mina.
I come from a web application background, so my server is always a servlet
container.
I'm seeking for advice on how to implement my first client-server
application.
Here is the scenario.

Many small network enabled devices publish events that are captured on a
centralized server (using mina)
Many client connect to the main server in order to:
1 - send commands to those small devices
2 - be notified when events are generated on them (the same small devices)

I implemented #1 by opening a tcp socket on the client side that serializes
commands using XML/JSON/HESSIAN
and sends them to the server for remote execution.

My question is related to the best way to implement #2.

Should I use mina on the client side, so that the server can connect and
send messages, or
Can I use the same socket I used for #1?

Thanks for your help.

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
software developer - certified scrum master