mina-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <mhe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Asynchronous Http Client donation
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:37:48 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> We might be able to extract common codec from both server and client
> side into a separate module and let two depend on it, resulting three
> submodules in total:
>
> * mina-filter-codec-http
> * mina-protocol-server-http
> * mina-protocol-client-http
>
> wdty?
>
> Trustin

Are you suggesting making the above sub-modules part of MINA itself?  I
don't like this idea as stated in my previous messages.  I don't like
tying the release of MINA to the release of HTTP protocol handlers and
vice versa.

I very much like the idea of extracting common functionality between an
HTTP server and HTTP client and having both the client and server depend
on the common module.

After giving it a lot of thought, I'm of the opinion more now than ever
that we should make async-httpclient part of AsyncWeb.  They have too
much in common to keep them separate IMO.  There's no reason that
AsyncWeb should be a server only project and IIRC, there were plans made
a while ago to create a client for AsyncWeb.  Such a move would also
give us a good incentive to finally get AsyncWeb migrated over to MINA.

WDYT?

-Mike