mina-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Woodson <clancewood...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Thanks and a question
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 03:51:01 GMT
Because flash actionscript 2.0 uses a generic xml
string terminated by the 0 byte as its bidirectional
asynchronous server/client socket communication
protocol.  This socket is a predefined object in
flash, and I don't believe that its behavior is able
to be overriden.  I'll double check this, though.

Someone could develop a SOAP api on the flash side
using this socket behavior, but I will not have time
to make that part of this project's scope.

Lance

--- Rodrigo Madera <rodrigo.madera@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not use a standard XML serving protocol like
> SOAP?
>
> Rodrigo
>
> On 8/6/07, Charles Woodson <clancewoodson@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I've recently found Mina and am using it to
> develop a
> > server application for a non-profit organization I
> > volunteer my time for.  I'd like to give the
> > developers who have contributed to this framework
> > big thanks for your work.  This project would
> > basically be impossible if I was not able to
> leverage
> > Mina to speed up development.
> >
> > The project I am working on will use a flash
> client
> > that connects with a java server using flash
> > actionscript's XMLSocket.  I'll be creating a
> custom
> > ProtocolCodecFilter to handle flash's xml socket
> > protocol (xml document terminated by the 0 byte).
> >
> > Since this could be used with any Flash client
> > application, would this ProtocolCodecFilter be
> useful
> > for commital to Mina to be part of the general
> > distribution?
> >
> > -Lance Woodson

> > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.
>  Join Yahoo!'s user
> > panel and lay it on us.

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto
Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/