mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thanks and a question
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 03:55:26 GMT
Hi Charles,

On 8/6/07, Charles Woodson <clancewoodson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've recently found Mina and am using it to develop a
> server application for a non-profit organization I
> volunteer my time for.  I'd like to give the
> developers who have contributed to this framework a
> big thanks for your work.  This project would
> basically be impossible if I was not able to leverage
> Mina to speed up development.

Thanks for using MINA, too!  We are always waiting for your input
about new features and improvements.  Please don't hesitate.

> The project I am working on will use a flash client
> that connects with a java server using flash
> actionscript's XMLSocket.  I'll be creating a custom
> ProtocolCodecFilter to handle flash's xml socket
> protocol (xml document terminated by the 0 byte).
>
> Since this could be used with any Flash client
> application, would this ProtocolCodecFilter be useful
> for commital to Mina to be part of the general
> distribution?

Definitely!  That will help many server developers who interact with
flash clients.  If you are interested in contribution, please file a
JIRA issue with your patch:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA

Cheers,
Trustin