mina-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Woodson <clancewood...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Thanks and a question
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 15:13:12 GMT
Will do, Trustin.  As for making this a part of the
general distribution and submitting the patch through
Jira, I assume that I should follow the guidelines in
the developer guide and then attach the patch's source
files for classes & unit tests to the jira issue.  Am
I missing anything there?

-Lance
--- Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> On 8/6/07, Charles Woodson <clancewoodson@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > I've recently found Mina and am using it to
> develop a
> > server application for a non-profit organization I
> > volunteer my time for.  I'd like to give the
> > developers who have contributed to this framework
> > big thanks for your work.  This project would
> > basically be impossible if I was not able to
> leverage
> > Mina to speed up development.
>
> Thanks for using MINA, too!  We are always waiting
> for your input
> about new features and improvements.  Please don't
> hesitate.
>
> > The project I am working on will use a flash
> client
> > that connects with a java server using flash
> > actionscript's XMLSocket.  I'll be creating a
> custom
> > ProtocolCodecFilter to handle flash's xml socket
> > protocol (xml document terminated by the 0 byte).
> >
> > Since this could be used with any Flash client
> > application, would this ProtocolCodecFilter be
> useful
> > for commital to Mina to be part of the general
> > distribution?
>
> Definitely!  That will help many server developers
> who interact with
> flash clients.  If you are interested in
> contribution, please file a
> JIRA issue with your patch:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA
>
> Cheers,
> Trustin
> http://gleamynode.net/
> --
> PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on
us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7