mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Fisk"...@lastbamboo.org>
Subject UDP datagrams write and receive
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:53:44 GMT
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are guarantees that a each call to
DatagramChannel.write(ByteBuffer src) *always* results in the sending of a
single datagram.  In all my tests this is the case, but I'm not sure if it's
operating system-specific.

More specifically, can 2 calls to DatagramChannel.write(ByteBuffer src) get
consolidated into the sending of a single datagram on the wire?  I know the
DatagramChannel.write(ByteBuffer[] srcs) call will consolidate them, but it
at least appears that calling write for individual buffers sends each in its
own datagram.

Possibly I shouldn't rely on this behavior?  Anyone have any experience with
this?

Thanks.

-Adam