mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-thread/single-session and multi-thread/multi-session, which performances better?
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 02:06:31 GMT
Hi Qi,

On Dec 7, 2007 8:31 AM, Qi <salad.redemption@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Trustin,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
> Sorry I think I didn't make myself clear, I was intend to ask which model is
> better for the client side.
> Since the clients are going to run many threads, will that cause performance
> issue if all of them are going to share just one IoSession?

For maximum performance, Please maintain the number of connections
(i.e. IoSessions) to be the same with the number of the I/O processor
threads.  For example, if the number of I/O processor threads is 4,
create 4 sessions to utilize all processor threads.

Of course, the recommended number of IoConnector is 1.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--