mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Splitting TextLine codec and PrefixedString codec into two layers
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 02:42:17 GMT
Hi,

As you know, MINA 2.0 allows you to stack multiple protocol codec
filters to help you implement multi-layered protocols.

Yesterday, Maarten added PrefixedString codec which is similar to
TextLine codec.  During talking to David Lloyd, I realized that the
only difference between them is just in how they frame packets.  The
part that reads a string doesn't differ at all.  Therefore, it might
be a good idea to reorganize these codecs into the following layout:

|                             String codec                           |
| Delimiter-based msg framing codec | Length-based msg framing codec |

The advantage of this redesign is that users who doesn't need String
conversion still can get help of the message framing codecs.  WDYT?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6