mina-dev mailing list archives

From 이희승 "(Trustin Lee)" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Asyncweb] server API for commiting HTTPReponse in chunk
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:43:52 GMT
Adding commit(Partial)?Response method causes HttpResponse to keep a
response to IoSession, which doesn't sound good to me.  What do you
think about providing another setContent method with Queue<IoBuffer>?

We could provide a special implementation of Queue that allows a user to
stream a list of IoBuffers on demand.  The encoder will try to access
the queue by calling poll() to get the newest chunk.

Actually this proposal causes some changes in ProtocolCodecDecoder and
MINA itself so it can understand Queue<IoBuffer>.  However, the encoder
won't need to be changed at all.

Another trickier part is decoding.  I prefer to have HttpRequest (or
HttpResponse) to have a Queue<IoBuffer> as a content so the decoder can
offer the newly received chunk there.

On the other hand, Use of the Queue interface might be inadequate and we
might need to introduce more specialized interface like the following:

public interface IoBufferStream {
    void offer(IoBuffer buf);

    // Returns null on the end of the content.
    // Returns an empty buffer if no chunk is ready yet.
    IoBuffer poll();

    // and some listener registration...
    IoBufferStream addListener(IoBufferStreamListener listener);
    IoBufferStream removeListener(IoBufferStreamListener listener);
}

By having MINA core providing a standardized interface for streaming a
large list of buffer chunks will make more broad range of users happier
rather than implementing such a feature in a certain protocol provider.

WDYT?

2008-02-14 (목), 12:20 +0100, Julien Vermillard 쓰시길:

--
Trustin Lee - Principal Software Engineer, JBoss, Red Hat
http://gleamynode.net/