mina-dev mailing list archives

From Makoto YUI <yuin...@gmail.com>
Subject ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in CircularQueue.
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:53:35 GMT

Thanks for fast responding.

| I looked at the code, and I'm a little bit annoyed that there is
| absolutely no comment at all. There is a clear bug somewhere, as you got
| a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (and many thanks for having
| posting this mail, btw !!!), but without a knowledge about what is doing
| this class, it's really difficult to find a fix in 2 minutes. This
| should not be the case...

I just wanted to report where ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException caused.
Bug might be somewhere else (at least) in the CircularQueue.

I agree that it needs more reviews than minutes.

BTW, the *unbounded* CircularQueue is used just as a FIFO "java.util.Queue"
at least in AbstractProtocolEncoderOutput/AbstractProtocolDecoderOutput.
Then, the unbounded CircularQueue does Shrinking.

Why not use LinkedList as the Queue? Is there some performance related
reasons?
I could not find strong reason to use it.
# I will do this workaround since this exception is actually a blocker of my
task ;-(

Makoto