mina-dev mailing list archives

From pnguyen42 <phu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: hot deploy IoFilter?
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:49:19 GMT

Not exactly. By hot deploy I mean add an IoFilter to an IoSession that
doesn't yet exist. The ability to add new IoFilter's to a deployed MINA
application without shutting it down. And without recompiling the MINA app.
I think it's doable but you would have to expose the ability to add an
IoFilter to the filter chain (not IoSession based but IoService based) via
JMX and then use dynamic class loading. Thoughts? Has anyone does this yet?
Or is my interpretation of "hot deployable" wrong? Regardless, I'm going to
do it, I was just hoping someone already has...

-pn42