mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mina and jdk6u4
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:57:51 GMT
Makoto YUI wrote:
> I have the same problem to you.
> I'm using the latest snapshot (mina-core-2.0.0-M1-20080124.103130-116.jar).
>
> | java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
> | at
> org.apache.mina.util.CircularQueue.shrinkIfNeeded(CircularQueue.java:233)
>
> This problem caused when newLen is less than the length of
> System.arraycopy().
>
> | Object[] tmp = new Object[newLen];
> | ..
> |            if (first < last) {
> |                System.arraycopy(items, first, tmp, 0, last - first);
> * bug
> |            } else {
> |                System.arraycopy(items, first, tmp, 0, oldLen - first);   *
> bug
> |                System.arraycopy(items, 0, tmp, oldLen - first, last);    *
> bug
> |            }
>
> It seems to be preferred to use java.util.LinkedList instead of custom
> CircularQueue
> for messageQueue(s) in
> AbstractProtocolEncoderOutput/AbstractProtocolDecoderOutput.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Makoto YUI

I don't think that it's a problem to use our own brewed CircularQueue ...

I looked at the code, and I'm a little bit annoyed that there is
absolutely no comment at all. There is a clear bug somewhere, as you got
a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (and many thanks for having
posting this mail, btw !!!), but without a knowledge about what is doing
this class, it's really difficult to find a fix in 2 minutes. This
should not be the case...

Btw, there is no test cases either...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny