mina-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <mhe...@apache.org>
Subject [OT] Asynchronous database drivers
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:12:34 GMT
This past weekend I made a release of the asynchronous database driver
project I've been working on for the past few months.  I've been working
on this project as part of my master's thesis.

I call the project Asynchronous Database Connectivity in Java (ADBCJ),
http://adbcj.org/.  I've implemented asynchronous MySQL and Postgresql
drivers using MINA.  I've also implemented a driver that wraps JDBC and
achieves asynchronism using a thread pool.  The API and drivers are
still a bit immature and incomplete but I thought that making this
project more public would help with getting some feedback before I get
too far.

I have a simple tutorial for using ADBCJ at
http://code.google.com/p/adbcj/wiki/Tutorial.

Once I'm close to finishing my thesis, I would like to move ADBCJ over
to Apache and get these drivers production ready but that's a ways down
the road.

-Mike