mina-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <mhe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mina and YAWS
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:22:50 GMT
We don't have any any real benchmarks for AsyncWeb yet.  At least, I'm
not aware of any extensive benchamrks.  I would like to see this change
in the near future.  After all, you can't improve performance if you're
not measuring it.

That being said, the Yaws benchmark you sent is contrived and I don't
understand what they're trying to demonstrate with it.  From the page:

   Each session makes a very slow request to fetch a one byte file from
   machine 1. This is done by sending very slow HTTP GET requests (we
   break up the GET requests and send them character at a time, with
   about ten seconds between each character).

Where would you ever see traffic like that?  Nobody sends HTTP requests
one character at a time.  This is tomfoolery.  I'm not trying to defend
Apache or discredit Yaws.  I would just like to see a real benchmark.

-Mike