mina-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <mhe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AsyncWeb] Need an async client now
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:46:21 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
<snip>
> IMO I think looking ahead towards the use of MINA 2.0 is the best route here
> and it seems that people have already taken care of the merge.  Perhaps
> there's some emails that you may have missed on the commits@ list and here.
> Mike already merged the two I think unless I'm mistaken which may be the
> case since I have been catching up as well.

I'm still working on the merge.  It's a lot of work.  There are a lot of
very big differences between the AHC codec and the AsyncWeb codec.  The
AsyncWeb codec is designed to be independent of the client/server that
uses it while the AHC codec is tightly coupled to the AHC client.
Refactoring AHC to use the AsyncWeb codec has been challenging.

It will be a while before the merge is complete.

> Oh and 1.0 whichever MINA it's based on makes sense to me but jumping
> to 2.0to denote the use of MINA
> 2.0 sounds good too.  I just think we should stick to MINA 2.0 through and
> through because of the gains made therein.

I'm of the opinion that we should use MINA 2.0.  I think AsyncWeb will
draw a lot of attention to MINA which will help us work out any kinks in
MINA 2.0.  MINA 2.0 also has a lot of new features that can be utilized
to minimize the number of threads needed for MINA apps.

-Mike