mina-dev mailing list archives

From Yigal Rachman <yi...@uvic.ca>
Subject Re: Can i use MINA to develop a telnet client that will communicate with exsiting SunOS telnet server?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:22:20 GMT
<head>
</head>
Thanks, Islam.&nbsp; This is most helpful.<br>
Yigal<br>
islam alnaggar wrote:
 cite="midd92a418a0802182335r2e9d3dcey507ec5490e18048e@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On 2/19/08, Yigal Rachman <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:yigal@uvic.ca">&lt;yigal@uvic.ca&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hello, All:

I am wondering whether anyone has written a Telnet client since this
post. If so, I would be very interested in finding out more about it.

TIA,
Yigal Rachman

nickylba wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I am developing an application that will send "telnet"requests to
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">different
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">servers with existing SunOS telnet daemons. The total number of servers
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">will
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">be about 2000.
It is very likely that i will use MINA. But I don't know how to
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">implement
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">the protocol detail. Would you please do me a favor to tell me:
1) how or where can i implement the telnet protocol with MINA?
2) Whether the client's requests using MINA will be understanded by
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">existing
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">telnet daemons?

I am very appreciate your help!

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->hello
Yes, you can use mina for this application cause mina will let u very easily
create u custom protocol, handlers
i think in ur application you need just new line protocol decoder to decode
message or whatever so it's so easy
to develop the application wich is connect only to specific IP, PORT then
built ur gui to get user input and send the data via newline encoder or as u
like , that is only.
look at this rfc to apply the protocol to mina cutom protocol
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc854.html">http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc854.html</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mina.apache.org/tutorial-on-protocolcodecfilter-for-mina-2x.html">http://mina.apache.org/tutorial-on-protocolcodecfilter-for-mina-2x.html</a>
then look at some example from the repositry
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/branches/1.0/example/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/example/">http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/branches/1.0/example/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/example/</a>
thanks

  </pre>