mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Webb" <elihusma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:48:16 GMT
Could you point out some areas in which documentation is lacking?  I
understand that there are many areas that could use more
documentation, but having a list would be something nice to work off
of.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Aviator <aviator_01@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Dear Mina Dev Team,
>
>  I have been using MINA for the past two weeks now and must say that it is impressive.
Before hearing about MINA I had built my own NIO toolkit which drew upon the ideas from SEDA.

>  I wish to offer one suggestion -- as wonderful as MINA is -- the documentation is sparse
at best and should be expanded. I have read all of the materials and can build applications
based only on what I have learned so far -- but I know there is much more under the covers
(i.e. DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory etc...).

>  It would be nice to use MINA in a real production application but we are hesitant to
do so -- as it would mean that some of our development team would have to start looking through
the MINA source to understand deeper what it is capable of -- as well as how to solve certain
problems. This would require substantial resources which would not fit our development plans.
It is somewhat unreasonable to expect users of a component to study it's implementation in
order to learn how to use it effectively.

>  You have a great concept/implementation here -- if a little more effort is placed on
expanding the documentation/tutorials along within the development cycle -- you will most
definitely have something which will find it's home into a lot more real world production
applications.

>  All The Best
>  Aviator

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one
else can see.