mina-dev mailing list archives

From Aviator <aviator...@hotmail.com>
Subject Suggestion
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:39:40 GMT

Dear Mina Dev Team,

I have been using MINA for the past two weeks now and must say that it is impressive. Before
hearing about MINA I had built my own NIO toolkit which drew upon the ideas from SEDA.

I wish to offer one suggestion -- as wonderful as MINA is -- the documentation is sparse at
best and should be expanded. I have read all of the materials and can build applications based
only on what I have learned so far -- but I know there is much more under the covers (i.e.
DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory etc...).

It would be nice to use MINA in a real production application but we are hesitant to do so
-- as it would mean that some of our development team would have to start looking through
the MINA source to understand deeper what it is capable of -- as well as how to solve certain
problems. This would require substantial resources which would not fit our development plans.
It is somewhat unreasonable to expect users of a component to study it's implementation in
order to learn how to use it effectively.

You have a great concept/implementation here -- if a little more effort is placed on expanding
the documentation/tutorials along within the development cycle -- you will most definitely
have something which will find it's home into a lot more real world production applications.

All The Best
Aviator