mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AsyncWeb] Need an async client now
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 14:09:23 GMT
Hi Alan,

Great to see you here btw.  When Alan is interested in a project that only
means it's going places :).

On Feb 9, 2008 3:56 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> What should I use?  I prefer the API from Geronimo but I see that it
> doesn't get built in in Mina.  I would also prefer to use Mina 1.x and
> wait until Mina 2.x shakes itself out.
>
> So, I'm going to toss out the idea of releasing the new API as 1.0 and
> we can release the new Mina 2.x based API as 2.0.  Thoughts?

IMO I think looking ahead towards the use of MINA 2.0 is the best route here
and it seems that people have already taken care of the merge.  Perhaps
there's some emails that you may have missed on the commits@ list and here.
Mike already merged the two I think unless I'm mistaken which may be the
case since I have been catching up as well.

Oh and 1.0 whichever MINA it's based on makes sense to me but jumping
to 2.0to denote the use of MINA
2.0 sounds good too.  I just think we should stick to MINA 2.0 through and
through because of the gains made therein.

Regards,
Alex