mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Fisk"...@littleshoot.org>
Subject Re: doubt Mina
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:58:25 GMT
This would be a nice place for the good old visitor pattern, so
something like, in SocketSession,

SocketSession implements VisitableSession

public void accept(final SessionVisitor visitor)
{
    visitor.visitSocketSession(this);
}

Then you have a lot of flexibility with the visitor itself to handle
types nicely. The SessionVisitor would be an interface like:

public interface SessionVisitor
{
 void visitSocketSocket(final SocketSession session);
 void visitDatagramSession(final DatagramSession session);
}

I'd be happy to make a patch along those lines if people were
interested.  It would use generics for return types rather than the
above for slightly more flexibility.

-Adam

--
http://www.littleshoot.org