mina-dev mailing list archives

From "이희승 (Trustin Lee) <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write slow or OOM?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 03:30:09 GMT
Hi Steve,

OOM can be raised when the write request rate is so high.  There are two
possible issues:

1) MINA NioProcessor is writing slowly.
2) Receiving party (i.e. telnet client) is receiving slowly.

If #1 is the case, we need to fix it.  However, I was able to achieve
140k messages per second for asynchronous messaging and 20k messages per
second for synchronous messaging in my private performance test
performed in gigabit network recently.  Just in case your scenario is
triggering a hidden bug in MINA, please provide us a simple test
application.

HTH,

--
Trustin Lee - Principal Software Engineer, JBoss, Red Hat
http://gleamynode.net/