mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Migowski" <chrismf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Keep Alive Filter question
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 09:31:47 GMT
Hello,

2008/4/4, "이희승 (Trustin Lee) <trustin@gmail.com>:

> > For WRITE_IDLE, I don't know if it is relevant.
> > If so, then I would suggest to make two kind of filter, one for
> READ_IDLE
> > and another one for WRITER_IDLE, so the user can choose one or the other
> > or both.
>
> I'm not sure what we can do with WRITER_IDLE for sending keep-alive
> messages.  Could you give me some scenarios?

I might be missing an important point, but isn't the WRITE_IDLE status much
more relevant for sendinvg keep-alive messages? I mean, "normally" servers
do not send keepalive messages but clients do. In particular, they send them
when the application logic which is utilising MINA has no "data" messages to
send but wants to hold the connection, because "normally" servers close
"inactive" connections after a certain amount of time.

Sorry if i misunderstood something completely.

best regards,
christian!