mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Make LoggingFilter.log() protected
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:10:02 GMT
On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 1:04 PM, "이희승 (Trustin Lee) <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Niklas,
>
>  Are you using a String as a message type?  Otherwise you could override
>  toString() so you can mask the password.  I'd suggest you to create a
>  message class for each message type as defined in FTP.

No, we're using a gernic FtpRequest type. I was thinking about
handling this in toString (which we don't currently implement so it
would be a safe change), however, there might be places where we
actually would like to get the real content on the PASS command from
toString() (like in a specific authentication log), so I choose not.

>  However, it will take a lot of effort, and therefore I think making
>  LoggingFilter.log() protected makes sense.  Let me create an issue and
>  resolve it right now.

It's not a lot of work, but it's a route I would like to avoid. Anyways, thanks!

/niklas