mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Sangjin Lee" <sjl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AsyncWeb] Proposed client API in sandbox
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 23:36:49 GMT
On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com>
wrote:

> - Create an abstract implementation of HttpListener that has callback
> > methods such as "onSuccess, onCancel, onError, onTimeout".
> > - Add methods as you suggested (isSuccessful, isTimedOut, etc.)
> >
> > Perhaps we should support both approaches.
> >

> I think that supporting both approaches would lead to a confusing and
> cluttered API.  I like the idea of Future.get() and, if you want more
> detail, you listen for the instrumentation events.

The way mina handles futures is actually pretty similar to what Mike
suggested: ConnectFuture<http://mina.apache.org/report/trunk/apidocs/org/apache/mina/common/ConnectFuture.html>.
 For example, ConnectFuture provides getSession() which will throw an
exception if the connect failed.  It also provides isConnected().  Just
because mina does it this way doesn't mean we'd want to do it the same way,
but it is consistent.

> - Monitoring support based on key events: might be useful for
> > > instrumentation and/or monitoring
> > >

> > Yes, this needs to be added.
> >

> I looked at this.  About the connect event.  Would it make sense to have
> two events
>
> - Connect
> - SSL Negotiation Completed
>
> I think that I would also like a response started event.

Those would be great.

> If this makes sense to you all, I'll add them to the wiki.

This might be a newbie question, but how can I get edit access to the wiki
pages?

Thanks,
Sangjin