mina-dev mailing list archives

From jvermill...@archean.fr
Subject added o.a.asyncweb.common.codec and Mutable interfaces
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 21:28:37 GMT
Hi,

I moved some class related to HTTP message encoding/decoding from
o.a.asyncweb.common to o.a.asynweb.common.codec. So there is less crowd in
the package.

I thought about another simplification :

for a simple Http Message you have this heritance tree :

DefaultHttpResponse extends DefaultHttpMessage
       implements MutableHttpResponse

DefaultHttpMessage implements MutableHttpMessage
MutableHttpMessage extends HttpMessage

MutableHttpResponse extends MutableHttpMessage, HttpResponse
HttpResponse extends HttpMessage
MutableHttpMessage extends HttpMessage

As far as I understand it, fr http messages the interfaces was splited in
two, the getters and the setters (mutable part). After looking around I
see no real utilisation for that since all the conrecte implemenations are
Mutables.

By removing the Mutable interface we will greatly simplify the structure
of those messages.

WDYT ?

Julien