mina-dev mailing list archives

From "ravinder singh" <ravinder.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Few questions about MINA 2.0
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 03:12:37 GMT
Hi,

Following are my requirements from MINA:

1. Around 10k concurrent persistent connections.
2. Message receive rate approx: 1000 msg/sec
3. Message sent rate approx: 20 times receive/input rate.

I am sure that MINA can handle this rate... right?

Currently I am using MINA 1.1.0 but have never done any performance run on
that.
We are trying to make some changes on server side so I thought it will be
good if we can migrate to
MINA 2.0 (should require only 1-2 hr as we haven't customized anything in
that).

Before doing this I need to clarify a few doubts:

1. Is MINA 2.0 (M2 or any other release)  production ready ?

2. What should be the right input & output buffer size (Messages can vary in
size, so we are using
   \n as delimiter, hence currently using TextLineCodecFactory. Does size
matter here?)

3. Configuration of Thread-pools is removed in MINA 2.0, so I think it will
internally manage the whole thing efficiently... right?

It would be great if anyone can help me in this... It's very urgent for me
(need to get the service live on Monday)...

Any suggestion regarding the configuration (s/w or h/w[current is Linux box,
64-bit, 16GB RAM, Java 6.0....]) I should use will be a added advantage...
:)

Thanks!