mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA in Hudson
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:30:38 GMT
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> Hey
>
> I recently set up a FtpServer CI build in the Apache Hudson instance.
> Works great. Would we like to have a MINA build in there as well? If
> yes, what do we want from it? For example, I propose only building on
> SCM updates, sending emails to the commit list on build failures and
> to publish snapshots on successful builds. The last part is not clear
> how to do yet, but I'm investigating it for FtpServer and expect to
> have that done fairly soon.

CI is ok. Notification on error is ok too, as soon a we get only one
notification. So if you run CI after each commit, you may have false
negatives (for instance, if we commit a patches in more than one piece).

What is not ok is a CI running every hour, for instance (as it may send
users a notification every hour if the build is broken - we already
experienced it on ADS ! -)

About publishing SNAPSHOT, I don't think it's a good idea, or at least
that it's useful. Don't really know ...