mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: MINA in Hudson
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:59:18 GMT
On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> CI is ok. Notification on error is ok too, as soon a we get only one
> notification. So if you run CI after each commit, you may have false
> negatives (for instance, if we commit a patches in more than one piece).

I don't think infra would like us to scan SVN that often, for
FtpServer I scan every hour and build if an update is detected. Of
course, you can still get a build while finishing up a commit but it's
at least more unlikely. There is also the possibility of configuring a
quite period.

> What is not ok is a CI running every hour, for instance (as it may send
> users a notification every hour if the build is broken - we already
> experienced it on ADS ! -)

He, that would probably fall under this description in Hudson:
For lazy projects where unstable builds are the norm, Uncheck "Send
e-mail for every unstable build".

That means that we would only get an email once when the build breaks,
not for every build. But, if we only build on SVN updates I think this
is not necessary. If we keep commiting changes to an unstable build,
we probably deserve an email :-)

> About publishing SNAPSHOT, I don't think it's a good idea, or at least that
> it's useful. Don't really know ...

It is useful for downstream Maven projects tracking trunk. No idea how
common that is.

/niklas