mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Mina web site modified
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2008 06:54:48 GMT
Fowrarded, as I replied to Niklas only.

(Guys, don't 'reply all' ! When you do that, AFAIK, we can't anymore
do a simple 'reply', as it selects the original sender, instead of the
dev-list)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: Mina web site modified
To: Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com>

Dowloads should be close to project, IMO. There are already 7 items in
the resource menu, which is more or less the upper limit for standard
humans. And when you look at a project, the first thing you want to do
is to download it, and maybe later look at the doco (hmmm :).

The problem I have with roadmap is different : this is a MINA related
roadmap, and I agree it's not its place. As soon as FtpServer and
AsyncWeb have decent web site (which is the case for FtpServer), I
think we should also separate the MINA part from the main site, to
make the front page project agnostic. Then the roadmap could be moved
to a project specific documentation. Something like :

* Documentation
 - Features
 - Roadmap
 - User guide
 - Developpers guide ...

Then the front page would have those menus :

* Documentation
 - Mina 1.0
 - MINA 1.1
 - MINA 2.0
 - FtpServer 1.0
 - AsyncWeb 1.0

Or even better :

* Documentation
 - Mina
 - FtpServer
 - Asyncweb

with handling of versions into the specific pages for each project.

Somehow what we did on directoy.apache.org, as we have 3 products.

wdyt ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,