mina-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Vermillard <jvermill...@archean.fr>
Subject New branch for clearing features
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 10:03:30 GMT
Hi,

I created a branch in my sandbox for experimenting some core code
cleaning.

Here :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sandbox/jvermillard/mina-cleaning/

Things done :
 - killed IoService level Idle (is it usefull when you already got
   IoSession idle stats ?)
 - cleared IdleStatusCheker, now only used for transport who can't
   trigger idle alone (vmpipe & serial)

Things I would like to do :
 - renaming & cleaning setTraffic mask in more understandable fashion
   as proposed in another mail
 - clearing IoFilter of references to traffic mask events
 - trying to make throughput statistics less intrusive and optional,
   because the impact on performance of such code is probably
   significant.

Of course if I'm killing something important here I hope you will
correct me :)

Julien