mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [About the Filter Chain] Proposals
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 21:27:03 GMT
Mark Webb wrote:
> After letting the dust settle on this thread, I can say that I agree
> with what Alex is saying.  I think a 2-way system makes complete
> sense.
Ok. We then will create a branch named mina-new-chain then, in which we
will experiment. Be ready for some bad butchering :)
> One great interest I have in this is how will it work with
> containers such as Spring.  I have been using MINA with Spring alot
> lately and want to make sure we keep this support in our system.

Having some feedback on how you are using MINA with Spring could be
interesting. Atm, we have some coupling with xbean which is quite
complex to decipher, and this is certainly not something we want to break...

Maybe a thread discussing MINA + Spring could help a lot to avoid big
mistakes to be done while refactoring the code.

But keep in mind that we can't afford to slaughter MINA current code as
we are using it in ADS, and we don't really want to re-implement from
scratch everything we have done, so trust me on that, we are going to be
very cautious !

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny