mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [About the Filter Chain] Events
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 15:13:19 GMT
Mark Webb wrote:
> I have used MESSAGE_SENT, not sure I agree that it should disappear.

May I ask you in which context you used it ? I'm wondering if we can
cover your case with WriteFuture ?

> What about situations where MINA is used in a client library?  Won't
> much of your list be reversed?

That's a very good question ! I don't think it makes any difference.
 From the client side, the incoming events are generated by an outgoing
event on the server side. Ie, the server write a response, then the
client get a MESSAGE_RECEIVED event to deal with. In fact, it's really
like if you have nothing in between the client and the server. The
client write a message, the server read it, then the server write the
response, the client read it.

If you take the protocolCodecFilter, it works the same for the server
and the client. A message will have to be encoded in both case when
writing the message (and it's always on the outgoing chain), and decoded
when read (incoming chain).

I may miss something, but AFAICS, it's absolutely symetric.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org