mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [About the Filter Chain] Proposals
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:33:32 GMT
Mark Webb wrote:
> So then we should stop with milestone releases and start pulling code
> apart and start fixing it.  I am also using 2.0 in near-production
> systems, but if it takes a few more months for a release, I may be
> stuck with reverting back to 1.1 since I cannot release my system with
> beta software in it.  I am sure that I am not the only person in this
> situation.

We have the exact same problem at Directory, as I stated in one of my
previous mail. I just -almost_ finished the migration, which cost me a
hell of time due to some nasty bugs I found in MINA 2, and also pretty
bad design decisions. So I'm a bit reluctant to change the whole API and
deal with this, and also I can't wait 6 months to get a released 2.0.

However, OTOS, even if I fell MINA 2.0 is "stable" (I mean, usable in
production), I also feel like MINA internals are really a PITA. If we
are carefull enough, we may most certainly be able to clean up a bit of
those internals and keep the API quite the same. I'm just experimenting
with ADS atm, so my mind is not set.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com