mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject ExecutorFilter quick poll: How do you use it ?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 12:40:09 GMT
Hi guys,

while thinking about the best possible implementation for the new chain,
I had a look at the ExecutorFilter which is quite an interesting filter,
wrt the way we handle the chain.

Remember that a session may handle more than one event at the same time,
especially when using the executor filter, as you may have read and
write event being processed (if I'm not totally wrong).

Also, as the executor filter will multiplex the processing, this may
occur that the chain will potentially be shared by many threads.
Currently, there is no protection against such potential concurrent
modification if we use an ExecutorFilter.

So I would be interested to know if you are using this filter, and if
so, how. Here is a list of questions I have :

1) Are you using the ExecutorFilter ?
2) Where in the chain do you put this filter ?
3) what if the IoHandler itself implement an executor instead of using a
specific filter ?
4) Is this a problem if the chain is not protected when using an
ExecutorFilter ?

I may miss some other points, so feel free to share your ideas about how
to use this filter correctly !

Many thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny