mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [About the Filter Chain] Events
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:57:55 GMT
Maarten Bosteels wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Maarten (eh eh, I typed it correctly this time !),
> I also use messageSent but I guess I can also replace it with an
> IoFutureListener.
>
> What do you mean when you say that SESSION_IDLE is questionable ?
> What would you replace it with ?

There is a thread which looks for sessions in idle state, in order to
kill them after a certain period of time (a timeout). So my question is
why do we have to deal with a sessionIdle message ? And when is it
generated ? I'm missing something in this area.
> My guts feeling is that exceptionCaught should also be propagated to the
> outgoing chain...
> but right now I have no examples to back up that feeling.

I have to go deeper into it, too.

Thanks Maarten !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny